The organization (e.g., your employer or another entity or person) (“Customer”) that entered into the Terms of Service or the Master Cloud Agreement, and any product-specific Terms (together, the “Customer Agreement”) controls its instance of the Services (its “Organization”) and any associated Customer Content. Individuals that are granted access to an Organization by a Customer (“Authorized Users”) routinely submit Customer Content to Coin_SMD when using the Services.
If you have any questions about specific Organization settings and privacy practices, please contact the Customer whose Organization you use. If you have received an invitation to join an Organization but have not yet created an account, you should request assistance from the Customer that sent the invitation.
Identifying the Data Controller and Processor
Data protection law in certain jurisdictions differentiates between the “controller” and “processor” of personal data. In general, Customer is the controller and Coin_SMD is the processor of Customer Content.
As the controller for Customer Content, Customer may, for example, use the Services to grant and remove access to an Organization, assign roles and configure settings, access, modify, export, share and remove Customer
Content and otherwise apply its policies to the Services
As the processor for Customer Content, Coin_SMD processes Customer Content only on Customer’s request and in accordance with Customer’s written instructions, including the applicable terms in the Customer Agreement, Customer’s use of the Services, and as required by applicable law. For more information about how Customer Content is processed (such as how your personal data is processed, the purpose and legal basis for processing, and your data subject rights), we refer you to the relevant Customer’s privacy notice.
The types of personal data we collect
Your personal data is provided by you, obtained from third parties, and/or created by us when you use the Services.
Coin_SMD may collect and receive Customer Content and other personal data (“Other Data”) in a variety of ways:
Customer Content. Customers or Authorized Users routinely submit Customer Content to Coin_SMD when using the Services.
Service metadata. When an Authorized User interacts with the Services, metadata is generated to provide additional context about their use of the Services. For example, Coin_SMD logs the Organizations, boards, people, features, content and links that you view or interact with, as well the types of files shared and any Third-Party Services that you use.
Log data. Like most websites and services delivered over the Internet, our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our Websites or Services, recording this information in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the Website or Services, your browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, and language preferences.
Device data. Coin_SMD collects information about devices accessing the Services, including the type of device, operating system used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this Other Data often depends on the type of device used and its settings.
Location data. We receive information from you, the relevant Customer and other third-parties that helps us approximate your location. We may, for example, use a business address submitted by your employer or an IP address received from your browser or device to determine approximate location. Coin_SMD may also collect location information from devices in accordance with the consent provided by your device.
Third-party data. Coin_SMD may receive data about organizations, industries, lists of companies that are customers, Website visitors, marketing campaigns and other matters relevant to our business from parent corporations, affiliates and subsidiaries, our partners, or other third parties that we use to make our own information more useful. This data may be combined and may include aggregate-level data. For example, information about how well an online marketing or email campaign performed, or to create a business contacts directory.
Cookie data. Coin_SMD uses a variety of cookies and similar technologies in our Websites and Services to help us collect Other Data. For more details about how we use these technologies, as well as your opt-out opportunities and other options, please see our Cookie Notice.
Contact data. In accordance with the consent provided by your device or other third-party API, we process any contact information that an Authorized User chooses to import when using the Services. Additional data provided to Coin_SMD. We also receive Other Data when submitted to our Websites or in other ways, such as when you request support, interact with our social media accounts or otherwise communicate with Hill_Wery.
Business data. Coin_SMD may receive information about individuals from organisations, industries, Customers, (potential) partners, parent corporations, affiliates and subsidiaries, and our partners for cooperation and communication purposes.
Generally, no one is under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide any Customer Content or Other Data (collectively, “Personal Data”). However, certain Personal Data is collected automatically and, if some Personal Data, such as Organization setup details, is not provided, we may be unable to provide the Services.
How we use personal data
Customer Content will be used by Coin_SMD in accordance with Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer’s use of the Services, and as required by applicable law.
Coin_SMD uses Other Data for the purposes of our legitimate interests in operating our Services, Websites and business. More specifically, Coin_SMD uses Other Data:
- To provide, update, maintain and protect our Services, Websites and business. This includes the use of Other Data to support delivery of the Services under a Customer Agreement, including to create or update an Organization, to prevent or address service errors, security or technical issues, and to analyze and monitor usage of the product and its features, trends and other activities.
- As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation.
- To support and communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments and questions. If you contact us, we may use your Other Data to respond.
- To develop, test and provide search, learning and productivity tools and additional features. Coin_SMD tries to make the Services as useful as possible. For example, we make Services suggestions based on historical use and predictive models, identify organizational trends and insights, customize your experience of the Services, or to create and develop new features and products. How we share and disclose personal data
This section describes how Coin_SMD may share and disclose personal data, as described in paragraph 3 above. Customers determine their own policies and practices for the sharing and disclosure of personal data. Coin_SMD does not control how they or any other third party chooses to share or disclose personal data.
Coin_SMD may share and disclose personal data in accordance with a Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and the Customer’s use of the Services and in compliance with applicable law. Where necessary, may only share personal data with third parties where we have obtained consent to do so.
We may share personal data as follows:
- Displaying the Services. When an Authorized User submits Customer Content (including personal data), it may be displayed to other Authorized Users that have access to the same Coin_SMD. For example, an Authorized User’s name and Coin_SMD profile may be displayed. Please consult the Help Center for more information on this functionality.
- Customer access. Owners, administrators, Authorized Users, and other Customer representatives and personnel may be able to access, modify, or restrict access to personal data. This may include, for example, your employer using Service features to export logs of your activity or accessing or modifying your profile details..
- Subcontractors. We may engage third-party companies or individuals as sub-processors to process personal data. These third parties may, for example, provide virtual computing and storage services, or we may share business information to develop strategic partnerships to support our Customers. Please see more information on our subcontractors here.
- Third-Party Services. Customers may enable Third-Party Services. When enabled, Coin_SMD may access and exchange Customer Content with the provider of a Third-Party Service on Customer’s behalf. Third-Party Services are not owned or controlled by Coin_SMD and third parties that have been granted access to personal data may have their own policies and practices for its collection, use, and sharing. Please check the permissions, privacy settings, and notices for these Third-Party Services or contact the relevant provider with any questions.
- Partners. We may share personal data with developers, partners and others we engage to create Coin_SMD applications and/or integrating Coin_SMD features.
- Forums. The information you choose to provide in a community forum, including personal data, will be publicly available. Corporate Affiliates. Coin_SMD may share personal data with its corporate affiliates, parents and/or subsidiaries for business continuity purposes.
Coin_SMD takes security of personal data very seriously. Coin_SMD strives to protect all Personal Data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure, and we have received internationally recognized security certifications. To learn more about current practices and policies regarding security and confidentiality of the Services, please see our Trust Center and Security FAQs. Given the nature of communications and information processing technology, Coin_SMD cannot guarantee that, during transmission through the internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, personal data will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
Our Services may contain links to websites and services operated by third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy notices and terms and conditions. Further, we have no responsibility for, or control over, the information collected by any third-party website and we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you may provide to these websites. You should read the relevant privacy notices and terms and conditions before using their websites or services.
Coin_SMD does not allow use of our Services and Websites by anyone younger than 18 years old (“Coin_SMD”). If you learn that a Coin_SMD has unlawfully provided us with personal data, please contact us and we will take steps to delete this information.
By using our Services and Websites, you represent and warrant that you are not a Minor as of the date of first access to our Services and Websites.
If you are a Minor, you represent and warrant that you are accessing the Services and Websites with the consent of a competent guardian over the age of 16 years old who takes responsibility for your use of the Services and Websites. If you are a Minor accessing Coin_SMD via an education institution, that institution will have procured a licence on your behalf and agreed to our terms and conditions. In particular, it will have agreed that it has obtained all necessary consents and will take responsibility for your use of the Services and Websites.